Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day 7: A Timely Rescue!

Trailing plasma, on the edge of consciousness, all hope abandoned, it was with some hallucinatory haze that I perceived a response to my now-automated hails, a real live human!

Me > I am in service to the Amarr Empire. My pod is adrift. I will offer considerable resources and gratitude for the chance to return to Highsec. Please respond. This message will repeat. I am in service to the...

Me > I am in service to the Amarr Empire. My pod is adrift. I will offer considerable resources and gratitude for the chance to return to Highsec. Please respond. This message will repeat. I am in service to the...

Dragon's Breath > I read you. You're pretty far from home. Are you receiving?

Me > (After a few long, groggy [afk] minutes) YES i'm here! Please come in. Are you still there?

Dragon's Breath > LOL ya no worries. How long have you been stuck in here?

Me > A week. It's a whole thing.

Dragon > I'm surprised no one else came along.

Me > Lots of people who ignore local channels, or are too skittish to stick around. You got to me just in time.

Dragon > Implants?

Me > Expensive ones. I was robbed out here as well, lost everything but 15m and a beat-up pod.

Dragon > Ah that's a coincidence. I charge 15m to get people out of wormholes.

Dragon was a swindler, but he delivered. He took every last ISK I had left and it bought me my life. I hooked into his fleet-comm and leapt into his warp tunnel as he led me out of this spacious prison. I would not miss it.

With a ripple-burst of energy Dragon's Punisher frigate and my own pod emerged through the Highsec exit into Empire space. Immediately the comm traffic of the region erupted from my internal speakers, and I knew by the bustle I was bad in the arms of civilization, for better of for worse. When secluded and adrift, there was little I could do in the way of vengeance. Now I had a fire lit, and I was anxious to begin to rebuild my Empire with the aim of using it to stamp out my brother.

Dragon Breath took a bit of pity on me and left me with the funds to purchase a single Amarr shuttle from the Emperor Family Academy station by the Amarr homeworld, just eleven jumps from where I was spit out of wormhole space. My trusty pod made the distance and as I purchased and prepped the shuttle, I received more bad news. Yes, my clones and jumpclones had all been exterminated in the lead-up to the betrayal. To ensure that no help came from Moira., my corporation, my resignation papers had been forged and sent a week ago, and by virtue of being framed for actions against Moira., those bridges had been forever burned.



[OOC I had recently learned of One Red Paperclip, a real story of a guy who kept trading up from paper clip, to a pen, to an ornate doorknob, until he eventually traded for a house. I am still listed as part fo Moira. but for the purposes of my gameplay and blog I will pretend to be going it alone, in that from this point of owning a single shuttle and no ISK onward, I will take no donations or assistance to get back on my feet and then use those feet to stamp on my Brother]

No comments:

Post a Comment